Play a key part in helping churches create the right space to foster effective ministry by working on all phases of design, from conceptual design to construction administration, under the direction of more senior-level designers or Architects. This role is responsible for significant aspects, daily design, and/or technical development of projects and must exhibit exceptional design talent and a working knowledge of all project phases.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Works in support of architectural design and development of projects (modeling, code research and application, product research and application, cost estimating and application of other programs and technology.)
· Code compliance review
· Preparation of design development and construction documents
· Involvement in construction administration, including shop drawing review, RFIs, and occasional job site visits
· Provide external communications via telephone calls and/or email, and preparing various correspondence as required by different projects
· Communication with consultants and manufacturers
Relevant experience: Two to four years of experience. Preferably working toward or having a desire to obtain licensure. Proficiency in current versions of Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Design Suite, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Education: Minimum four-year degree in Architecture. Preferably Masters Degree in Architecture.
Knowledge areas:Principles of design and visualization, with an emphasis on innovation. Exhibiting a visionary mindset. Ability to understand and interpret budgetary guidelines and project expenditures a plus. Experience in commercial projects and/or a working knowledge of church culture leadership, ministry and facilities is also a plus.
Desired Skills:Demonstrates effectiveness in working in a team setting, communicating with others, customer satisfaction and technical competence. Capable of carrying out independent assignments with minimal supervision. Demonstrates an understanding of construction practices and methodologies. Adept at problem solving. Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
Aspen Group is a leading design/build/furnish firm with extensive experience serving the church and parachurch markets.
We use an integrated process designed to align a church’s culture, ministry, and leadership with its facilities. We work with churches throughout the Midwest from our offices in the Chicago and Indianapolis areas, as well as the Southeast, with an office in South Carolina. Ou...r staff includes architects, project managers, field superintendents, and other design and construction professionals, as well as support staff, working together as a unified team. We believe this collaborative approach is highly beneficial for churches.