The Senior Vice President, Contract Business Solutions is accountable for leading and directing AIA Contract Documents business and Risk Management and will lead a team of 30 employees, including 10 managers and 3 direct reports with targeted revenue of $23 million. The incumbent and others within Contract Business Solutions will manage volunteers and committees.
- Defining the organization’s strategy to continue AIA as the industry leader for AIA Contract Documents, developing and directing implementation of business plans including the technology, marketing and education programs that generate revenue streams, ensuring the fair and balanced development of documents and forms for use across the design and construction industries, and working with AIA Documents Committee and the Institute staff to develop, deliver and promote new and relevant content that is responsive to market demands and developing trends.
- Defining the organization’s Risk Management strategy to ensure AIA members have relevant information about prevalent trends and tools to mitigate practice related risks, developing and directing the implementation of business plans including the technology, marketing and education programs, and where possible, generate a revenue stream, working with AIA Risk Management Committee and Institute staff to develop relevant content that is responsive to member needs and complementary to efforts by The AIA Trust.
- Developing and documenting innovative strategies and sound business plans, successfully communicating development and management plans, leading and managing ideation through implementation phases for expanding existing programs and approved new initiatives and building positive relationships across the organization, relevant AIA Committees and strategic partnerships (both existing and new). Scope
- As a member of the AIA Senior Leadership Team, the incumbent will provide critical leadership towards the development and achievement of the organization's overall goals in addition to leading the contract business solutions team.
- Proven experience as an executive leader in the AEC industry with demonstrated skill in contracts, professional risk management, and creative problem solving.
- Understanding of AEC industry issues and practices that serve as a guide for AIA Contract Documents and AIA Risk Management program development.
- Strong strategic thinking with business applications, risk management and operations experience. Essential
- Ability to lead high-performing teams in a collaborative environment. Considerable experience leading diverse groups of technical and non-technical professionals including risk management, technology, business, marketing, legal and education. Strong interpersonal capabilities, cross functional team leadership and creative sensibilities leading highly motivated teams.
- Ability to understand emerging trends in the AEC marketplace and their relevance to a business strategy.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills. Ability to develop and monitor project schedules, identify and change to meet critical milestones, troubleshoot issues and mitigate risks.
- Excellent skills in written/oral communication, presentations and negotiation. Proven experience communicating with senior executives in formal and informal settings
Master’s Degree in Architecture, Business or related field. Fifteen or more years of relevant executive-level experience in the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry, simultaneously managing multiple professional teams on complex projects. Experience managing programs with revenue of $20 million or greater.
This search is being conducted by VettedSolutions. To apply, please visit the Current Searches page at: www.vettedsolutions.com