Our world-class team is seeking a motivated and experienced architect professional with a minimum of 5 years experience, experienced spec writer, extremely knowledgeable in construction documents, proficient in Revit and with a proven leadership record.
Help in the production of Construction Documents
Provide Code Analysis (municipal, state, UBC and ADA)and be actively involved in code changes
Lead a design team from design development through construction documents until construction administration
Depending on the size of the project, serve as the Project Manager
Excellent presentation skills, client/architect experience, and previous experience in public meetings
Review and redmark construction documents, including but not limited to RFIs shop drawings, requisitions, change orders, etc.
Ideal candidates must be familiar with the programs necessary to provide suggestions and construction review and possess the following set of skills to apply to the "Project Architect" position:
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in the planning/implementation of major projects with exceptional experience in design
- Extensive knowledge in construction administration and spec writing
- Extensive design knowledge in commercial, institutional, and cultural buildings
- Knowledge of commercial, institutional, and cultural construction methodologies
- A strong understanding of commercial construction document preparation for building permitting in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area
- Ability to communicate and coordinate project requirements with consulting engineers
- Fundamental understanding of master planning and preliminary site design
- Proficiency in CAD and REVIT
- Strong analytical skills
- Must have excellent written and oral communication and computer skills
- Team leadership, time-management, coordination and organizational skills
The following are a plus:
- Registered Architect
- Previous managerial experience
- Master's degree in Architecture or similar
- LEED Certification
- Photoshop and inDesign
To Qualify, applicant MUST have at least a Bachelor of Architecture or related field, 5+ years of experienced in the field, experienced spec writer, review and produce construction documents and knowledge of REVIT.
This is a fulltime "Project Architect" position at Marshall Moya Design.
Additional Salary Information: Based on experience
Marshall Moya Design (MMD) is a 25-year-old, visionary and award-winning architecture firm specializing in urban, product, graphic, and interior design. MMD focuses on the commercial, institutional and residential markets of the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. We are motivated by our passion for design and creating memorable places and unique communal experiences with a keen sensit...ivity to the existing context and environment.
At Marshall Moya Design we have collaborative, innovative, and open work culture. We represent and value a diversity of cultures, ideas, work, and perspectives. Our firm appreciates people who are creative, driven, hardworking, problem-solvers, and determined.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome diversity in our staff. To learn more about our firm please visit www.marshallmoya.com.