The Audit Senior will plan, organize and supervise financial, operational, forensic and compliance audits in accordance with professional standards and department policies and procedures.
Essential Tasks of the Job:
Perform audits under the direction of Internal Audit management. 1. Direct and lead team members assigned to audits and special projects.
2. Develop initial project schedules and time budgets, prioritize and assign tasks, and monitor progress to ensure timely completion of audits.
3. Prepares sections of the planning memo for internal audit management and ensure the audit program and audit testing is carried out in accordance with the planning memo.
4. Perform detail testing on the high risk areas identified in the audit program.
5. Perform and lead audit tasks including examination of system records to ensure proper recording of transactions and compliance with applicable policies, laws and regulations.
6. Review, analyze and interpret highly complex contractual agreements and provide interpretations and logical conclusions to senior management.
7. Evaluate the root cause of issues and control gaps and apply novel solutions to problems.
8. Ensures that audit steps are sufficiently documented to allow for re-performance and review by outside parties.
9. Conduct brainstorming sessions with audit department personnel to identify potential fraud risks for each audit area and incorporate the results in the audit plan to ensure compliance with SAS 99 requirements.
10. Prepare risk assessments of key business processes and audit plans and programs.
11. Research and interpret applicable policies, laws, regulations, and good business practices to serve as a standard for evaluation during the audit.
12. Evaluate and make recommendations on the adequacy and effectiveness of accounting, compliance, operational and managerial controls for the Authority.
13. Identify deficiencies and assess their impact and probability to recommend risk ranking.
14. Supervise and review audit work papers prepared by staff auditor for completeness and quality of work to ensure it meets established standards.
15. Ensure project communications to all levels on a project.
16. Conduct performance evaluations and contribute to the development of staff on assigned projects.
17. Complete special projects as assigned, including ad hoc meeting requests, document reviews and testing.
18. Review cost multiplier analyses performed by Audit Staff.
19. Prepare clear, comprehensive, professional draft audit reports and memos for review by Audit Management.
20. Assist in presenting audit findings to management.
21. Perform follow-up on audit findings and recommendations to determine whether control issues and inefficiencies have been addressed.
22. Ensure project economics/efficiency and monitor the hourly scheduling and hourly utilization on projects.
Assist in the management, promotion and development of the Internal Audit department.
1. Assist in preparing annual audit plans.
2. Interact and resolve issues with external auditors and members of Massport management.
3. Establish contacts and foster relationships with others in the organization, as well as external clients, to develop an understanding of the operations and needs of the Authority.
4. Maintain sufficient continuing professional education and development to remain current on industry trends and technical pronouncements that may impact audits at Massport.
5. Collaborate on continuous improvement projects with all facets of the Authority
6. Provide training and mentoring to subordinates.
SECONDARY JOB TASKS:
Completes selected projects as assigned.
Perform and supervise tasks assigned by external auditors.
Participate in various steering and RFP committees.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in business with a concentration in accounting, audit, or finance. Master of Business Administration degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: At least 1 year as a Senior Auditor or leading audit projects is required. 3 to 7 years of audit experience with an internal audit department or public accounting firm is also required. Demonstrated ability in project management and supervision of staff. Other business or finance related experience may be considered.
UNIQUE EXPERTISE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATIONS: 1. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
2. Strong leadership and effective time management skills.
3. Strong understanding of audit methodology, procedures and techniques, GAAP and the accounting cycle.
4. Working knowledge of common office applications (i.e., Microsoft Office) and audit software (i.e., ACL, TeamMate, Visio)
5. Professional certification or progress towards (CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE) preferred.
6. Ability to pass Massport pre-placement controlled substance testing and background security check.