Olson Kundig is seeking a talented Interior Designer with a minimum of five years of experience who can demonstrate excellent design sensibility, creativity, graphic skills, enthusiasm, and team work.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Collaborate with Interior Designers and Architects to provide high-quality design solutions in all aspects of a project from initial concepts through construction documentation, furnishings, and accessories installation.
- Provide presentations for residential, hospitality and commercial interiors based on direction given by senior design staff.
- Research furniture, fixtures and equipment, furnishings materials, and architectural finish materials based on design and functional criteria.
- Prepares technical drawings, presentations, and documentation (e.g. specifications and budgets).
- Prepare furnishings budgets, specifications, and purchasing.
- Proficient in Revit.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD and MS Office Suite, and SketchUp.
Training and Experience
- BA/BS in Interior Design and a minimum of five years interior design experience with an architectural or interior design firm is required.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, organizational, time and project management skills.
- Concise, personable verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of furniture, materials, and building finish products suitable for residential or commercial projects.
- Knowledge of interior construction to assist in design detailing and construction documentation.
- Knowledge of LEED building requirements and NCIDQ certification are preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Capable of lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Capable of climbing, standing and working on a 6’-0” ladder.
- Interest and appreciation of art, craft, and knowledge of modern design.
To apply for this position submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to:
Attn: Interior Designer
159 South Jackson St., Suite 600
Seattle, Washington, 98104
or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Interior Designer” and your name in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls for this position