The Project Architect, Higher Education Market is responsible for developing solutions and creating project designs that meet our clients’ vision and enhance the firm’s practice. The Design Leader initiates and creates project designs and plans of all phases of one or more projects and has responsibility for preparing presentation and design drawings. We are looking for someone who has experience working in the Higher Education Market. This role with focus on Academic buildings as a primary however could evolve over time into dormitory work.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
1. Initiates and creates comprehensive architectural design solutions; researches and selects materials, precedents and the vernacular for the design. Actively and creatively enhances and incorporates innovative aesthetic solutions into the design. Involved in marketing efforts and project development.
2. Develops solutions to meet project/client requirements and design issues. Integrally involved in collaboration with the client and project team to develop a written program for various project types.
3. Prepares presentation and design drawings in collaboration with the project team; leads the development of design through production and ensures design intent is met during construction.
4. Coordinates with consultants and building systems designers in early design phases of projects.
5. Supervises and monitors staff assisting with design and production of materials.
6. Adheres to and ensures consistent application of applicable codes in development of project.
7. Works with project management staff to develop and adhere to budgets and estimates; makes appropriate adjustments to design as required.
8. Mentors less experienced architecture staff through design process.
9. Provides feedback to all staff on design trends and lessons learned; provides feedback on other projects as appropriate.