NELSON is seeking a Design Director to work in our Seattle, WA office. This position requires a talented and passionate individual to be responsible for design quality and excellence in the region, and develop, implement, and manage the company's design strategy while pursuing business development efforts in the region. Other responsibilities will include leading the project teams to achieve efficiency, design excellence and professional development.
- Operate as design “face” to the market.
- Represent the Company in local industry and professional communities
- Observe and communicate design trends
- Collaborate with Technical Staff to drive built environment innovations
- Operate as catalyst for design; providing high-level design direction
- Conduct design review as applicable for all projects and / or partners with relevant account manager to identify how specific account design reviews are executed
- Collaborates with firm-wide resources, including the Managing Principal, to ensure the integration of the firm’s best talent and design thinking
- Ensure design objectives are met on time and on budget
- Pursue and participate in Business Development efforts in the region
- Meet regularly to proactively identify design issues, ensure design quality, and to plan workflow, schedule and resources
- Mentor Design Staff in the region
- Implement ongoing design education program in the region
- Ensure adherence to Design Review Process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Architecture, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 15 years’ experience with an interior design or architectural firm
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit and Newforma software
- NCIDQ preferred, LEED AP or BD+C a plus
NELSON is a global architecture, design, and consulting services firm with offices located across the country. With a client list featuring 40% of Fortune 100 and 500 companies, NELSON is one of the Zweig Group’s “2015 Hot Firms” and in the top ten of Interior Design Magazine’s Design Giants. For more information on NELSON, please visit our website at www.nelsononline.com.
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by clicking the link below. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.