CSHQA’s mission is to deliver innovative and sustainable architectural and engineering design solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations. We inspire personal and professional development in a positive, creative and stable work environment.
We are people who listen, creating design that speaks.
As an Architect at CSHQA, in partnership with Senior Architects and the Project Manager, you are responsible for the issuance and content of deliverables, technical content of documents and coordination of disciplines including consultants.
You should possess strong knowledge of design, trends, and construction administration. Strong communication skills and the ability to take artistic and technical direction with a positive attitude will be key to your success. It is expected that you will be able to work independently and creatively solve problems while also collaborating with a team.
· Regular and predictable attendance
· Participate in design discussions and develop drawings, modeling, 3D renderings and other contract documents based upon those discussions, ensuring the design intent of the project is incorporated into the detailed documentation.
· Responsible for technical resolution and coordination for a defined portion of a project.
· Perform editing and assembly of specifications for assigned projects.
· Regularly communicate with client representative to verify design requirements and specifications.
· Communicate and coordinate with architects, owners, other engineering disciplines, vendors, consultants, etc. throughout each phase of the building project.
· Perform site visits and building surveys, attend design meetings, and participate in construction phase site observations to present detailed technical narrative reports.
· Construction administration including review of submittals / drawings, response to RFI’s, and coordination with contractors, design team, building officials, owner, etc. through the construction phase of the building project.
· Meet client schedules as well as internal design and construction administration time budgets.
· May mentor and direct the work of Architects-in-Training.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, adequately see and talk or hear. The employee will communicate with co-workers, read, work on a computer, use a computer keyboard and mouse as well as operate the phone system, fax machine, and copy machine. The ability to occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, generally at waist level or below may be necessary. Some employees at this level may be required to perform on-site field observations, which may include observations of crawlspaces, attics and roofs. The employee shall follow all safety protocols when conducting on-site field observations.
The work environment and physical demands described is representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CSHQA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
· Architectural Degree, or informed knowledge of the field of architecture and design
· Licensed Architect with current registration
· Exercises consistent independent discretion and judgment a majority of the time.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit
· Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications
· Working knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines
· Working knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IDP)
· Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max
· Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software
Additional Salary Information: Salary depends on experience
CSHQA is an architecture and engineering firm of 90 professionals based in Boise, Idaho with regional offices in Denver, Sacramento and Phoenix. We design retail, healthcare, commercial, aviation, education, hospitality, multi-family, civic and government facilities for clients in all 50 states, plus Alberta and British Columbia.
With the resurging economy we are seeing new and exciting work... in all offices, and our staff, which ranges from AITs and EITs to 30-year veterans, works in a dynamic, fast-paced environment in studio-style teams. The engineering group includes electrical, communication, mechanical, plumbing, civil and structural engineers. Our full-service capabilities are further complimented by teams of landscape architects and interior designers.
CSHQA is known for the quality of our design and our advocacy of energy efficiency and sustainability. Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of our process to deliver high value solutions to our clients. We are people who listen, creating design that speaks.