Since the company’s inception in 1995, Weir|Andrewson Associates (W|A) has worked to provide comprehensive engineering and architectural consulting services to the design and construction communities. The staff at W|A includes seasoned professional architects, structural engineers, construction professionals, drafters and computer graphics specialists. The broad spectrum of expertise and analytical skills offered by W|A enables the firm to provide the following expert services:
- Architectural Design
- Structural Engineering
- Plan Check and Peer Review
- Construction Administration
- Construction Review
- Investigation & Analysis of Building Failures
- Remedial Design
The architectural staff at W|A includes architects who specialize in the technical detailing of building envelopes, roofs, decks, fire resistive systems, buried and exposed membranes and traffic decks, waterproofing and flashing, coatings, sealants, fenestration and penetrations.
A large portion of our work centers on Multi-Family Housing, Senior Housing and Single Family Housing and includes both new work and remedial design and repairs. Our extensive investigative and remedial design experience allows us to provide our clients with solutions that are practical and affordable, as well as designs that anticipate and reduce potential construction problems. For more information please view our web site: www.waassoc.com.
Reporting to the firm’s principal, this position is responsible for leading projects involving the production of Construction Documents for waterproofing, building envelope, remedial and new design of Type V projects.
Duties may include the following:
- Supervise and evaluate technical and support staff.
- Monitor and supervise architectural design development.
- Review all work products for Quality Assurance purposes.
- Coordinate projects with clients, contractors, planning and building departments, and other agencies.
- Coordinate with sub consultants.
- Construction Phase Services: Perform site visits, manage and respond in a timely manner to all construction administration documentation requirements.
- Write technical reports and correspondence, review plans and other project related correspondence.
- Review project invoices and receivables; generate requests for changes or additional work and related work as required.
- Build relationships with client personnel to promote continued business affiliations.
- 7-10 years progressive experience in Production/Construction Administration.
- Extensive experience with developing Construction Documents and Detailing.
- Experience with construction contract and change order negotiation.
- Proficiency with Revit; knowledge of AutoCAD a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with writing reports and proposals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture.
Weir|Andrewson Associates, Inc provides a collegial and family-friendly atmosphere that encourages employee education and professional growth. We believe in our employees and offer them the tools they need in order to succeed and progress in their careers.
In addition to its working environment and unbeatable location in downtown San Rafael, W|A offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Chiropractic, 401(k) with employer matching, Cafeteria Plan and paid garage parking.
Please e-mail your resume, references and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org