Our Charlotte, Philadelphia and Roanoke offices are currently seeking architectural interns. Experience should include work on commercial, institutional and residential projects encompassing health care, assisted living, higher education, and/or multi-family. Renovation experience would be a plus. Successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture, with an emphasis on project designs for buildings. Candidate should possess knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of schematic design through construction drawings and the ability and understanding of three-dimensional forms and models.
The position requires performance of all aspects of architecture as it relates to individually assigned projects. This is inclusive of, but not limited to, the following:
- Knowledge and competency in software packages including AutoCAD 2013, Revit, Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.), Google Sketch Up, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Exhibit the ability to provide design solutions and the use of various methods of delivery/presentation to clients and team members.
- Visual skills to understand and develop design solutions.
- Multi-tasking/ability to participate in several capacities or projects simultaneously, each in different phases.
- Initiative and willingness to be responsible for specific tasks.
- Focus, efficiency and dependability; willingness to assist when needed.
- Ability to ensure that all the requirements of a project are put into the production drawings and that the different team members are aware of any changes that occur during design and production phases.
- Ability to coordinate with consultants and other disciplines that are involved in the project, i.e. structural, electrical, civil engineers.
- Strong written and communication skills are a must.
- Excellent client interface capabilities and organizational skills.
- Enthusiasm and eagerness for continued education and development of new skills.
SFCS offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Submit resume with cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org EEO/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability Employer