Why join SSOE Group? If you’re interested in a dynamic career with a healthy, growing firm, you’ve come to the right place. SSOE is a global leader in the AEC industry. Combine that with a culture recognized as one of the “Best AEC Firms to Work For” and you’ll discover why employees are proud to be on our team.
Stability. For more than 65 years we’ve continued to succeed in an industry of constant change. One testament to our culture—150 clients who have chosen to work with us for over 20 years. Though we’ve doubled in size over the past decade, we’ve taken a business-minded approach to our growth—focusing on diversity of geography, services, and markets served to ensure we weather any economic storm.
Unmatched opportunities for growth. We offer clearly defined paths to the top. Our focus on staff development prepares employees to take on the opportunities associated with worldwide growth and expanding project delivery models. We reward our team members who rise to the occasion by providing accelerated career advancement, access to global project experience, and an ownership structure that allows for a broader base of ownership than typically seen in our industry.
Culture of excellence. Our dynamic professionals will tell you every project they work on is different and exciting. Spend your day on the cutting edge of R&D, bringing well-known products to market, and helping clients expand globally. Our ISO certification includes processes that ensure a quality output, and more importantly clients who are happy—in fact 97% of those surveyed would recommend SSOE to a colleague. SSOE professionals were published in more than 50 industry publications last year—so you can be certain you’ll be working with the top talent in the industry.
Technology that works for you, not against you. SSOE has a full time group dedicated to innovation. This not only ensures access to the latest technologies, but also that mature technologies such as BIM are tailored for your needs, fully supported, optimized, and intelligently integrated into project delivery
This Structural Engineer will be responsible for performing a variety of engineering design assignments focusing on producing high quality engineering solutions to clients in the high tech industry. Preferred candidates will have experience with industrial facility design and either be a PE, or tracked to become a Professional Engineer.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of routine engineering assignments under the direction of a supervisor with increasing responsibility based on performance.
- Consults with supervisor to screen assignments for unusual or difficult problems and selects appropriate methods and techniques to apply.
- Receives close supervision on new aspects of assignment but has some freedom to exercise judgment in making engineering decisions.
- Works under the direction of a supervisor on specific and limited portions of a broader assignment that requires some supervision.
- Drafts interpretation of own design into completed working drawings and applies engineering fundamentals to design.
- May be assisted by a designer, but usually assumes no responsibility for direction of others.
- Performs routine calculations (structural engineering).
- Organizes and maintains project design notebook.
- Communicates with supervisor concerning progress or problems in an assigned task.
- Coordinates design works for CADD designers and may be required to, on occasion, produce CADD drawings themselves.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, which qualifies for licensure in the state of practice, is required.
- PE or tracked to become a PE
- Travel required.
- Valid driver’s license required. May be waived for international assignments.
- 3-8 years of experience.
- Experience with AutoCAD or REVIT
- Experience with structural analysis software such as RISA or STAAD.
- Must have experience with seismic building codes