EDG, an internationally recognized interior architecture and design firm, creates innovative hospitality environments worldwide. From Bali to Brazil, Riyadh to San Diego, EDG focuses on strategic solutions that meet business goals while surpassing guest expectations. We have offices in SF Bay Area (Novato), Dallas and Singapore.
We are committed to pushing the boundaries of excellence and creativity and are looking for some new team members who share our vision and values. We would like to talk to you if you are passionate about design, hardworking yet fun to be around, talented, ambitious, and courageous with your creativity and dedication. The following outlines in more detail the current job opening, description and qualifications required:
We are currently seeking an experienced, creative Job Captain with a passion for creating evocative places to join our team in Novato, CA.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist PM and Senior Designer in all project phases
- Development and distribution of all documents including pricing packages and specs
- Coordination and documentation of plans and other deliverables
- Prepares presentation and design drawings.
- Generates or oversees generation of all design details.
- Coordinates details, space arrangements, dimensions and notations.
- Works with other designers to assure proper fit and dimension.
- Coordinates with design team to ensure integration of design elements.
- Provides guidance to other members of the design team to ensure that design documents are in appropriate form.
- Assists in presentation of design alternatives at in-house design reviews.
- May assist in development of presentation techniques to communicate design concepts to the clients.
- Actively participates in project, design and construction meetings with owners, contractors and consultants by recording notes and following-up on action items under PM supervision
- Actively participates in pricing, bidding and VE exercises with owners, contractors and consultants under PM supervision
- Prepares construction documents.
- Coordinates and leads the project team in developing documents under the supervision of a Project Manager.
- Revises drawings as necessary per change orders.
- Prepares and issues written construction bulletins or addendums documenting changes.
- Responsible for producing or monitoring production of all project reports, plans, specifications and working documents and coordination with contractors and consultants.
- Coordinates receipts of and receives all incoming project information and disseminates it to in-house project team and outside consultants for production.
- Deals with monitors and coordinates all contractors and consultants.
- Responsible for getting all technical specs for architect or contractor. If EDG is the architect of record, JC is responsible for the architectural specs by assisting the PM in its development
- Coordinates approval of or approves shop drawings.
- Receives and reviews shop drawings from vendors for particular projects and equipment – solicits approvals from appropriate team members as needed.
- Review specifications in meeting project needs and studies feasibility of fit.
- Assesses problems and recommends solutions.
- Performs job site visits to review construction compliance with working drawings, assess problems and recommend solutions.
- Assists in maintaining project files in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and delegates work to staff.
- Assists Project Manager in preparing approved project schedules, phase goals and work plans per week. Distributes to staff.
- Maintains awareness of project status in relation to the fee
- Assists in training and developing junior staff.
- Participates in the development of and assures compliance with “in-house” technical and production standards.
- Responsible for personal and staff development
- Participates in professional organizations.
- Performs senior staff development duties such as mentoring, training, supervising and directing junior staff.
- Participates in management and leadership groups
This is a growth opportunity. We are looking for someone with the capability to advance in knowledge and responsibility. Our expertise is earned, and we offer a great learning environment. You will be challenged and inspired - and never be bored.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits and a great working environment.
Visit us at www.edgdesign.com
Please email us your cover letter with desired salary, resume, and a portfolio sample of your work in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only PDF and Word documents will be accepted.
You must be authorized to work in the United States.
All emails must have "Job Captain” -- YOUR NAME" in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.