HMC Architects designs solutions that work, wow, and withstand. We partner with healthcare, education, and civic clients to design buildings that promote healing, inspire learning, and create vibrant communities. Whether it’s a hospital, elementary school, student union, or community center, our empowered teams are experts when it comes to delivering successful projects and creating meaningful spaces.
HMC is in search of an experienced Project Architect with Education project experience. This position will be located in our Los Angeles office.
Requirements & Preferred Skills:
- Architectural degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 7 years of project management experience with K-12 or Higher Ed projects.
- Licensed California architect.
- LEED AP or ACHA credential preferred.
- OSHPD experience.
- Proficiency in SketchUp, Revit/BIM, Bluebeam a plus.
- Responsible for technical development, coordination, design development and construction document phases of a medium to large size projects
- Resolves technical, code and agency approval issues.
- Has consultants contact and authority to direct, control, and monitor project activities related to project technical documents.
- Write RFP’S and negotiate contracts and fees with clients and consultants.
- Collaborate with project design team for programming, planning and feasibility analysis.
To learn more about HMC Architects and to apply for this dynamic position, please visit our website at www.hmcarchitects.com/join. Please include salary requirements and submit samples of your work to facilitate the recruiting process. HMC offers very competitive compensation and excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Holiday pay and 401(k). HMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment.