DHS Consulting, Inc., is a rapidly growing, California-based consulting firm dedicated to providing Program, Project, and Construction Management services to our clients, with offices in Southern, Central, and Northern California.
We are looking for a Senior Design Manager / Architect with school (K-12 or higher) design/design management experience to direct the design activities for an educational sector client for the renovation and modernization of existing educational facilities.
Manage, develop, and coordinate the Owner’s (Education Facilities) design process to ensure that plans are within functional program, budgetary, environmental and legal requirements.
Manage multiple projects, including modernization of existing facilities and new construction through interaction with Owner hired Architects, consultants, and engineers to ensure timely completion of these projects.
Oversee the building design process to ensure compliance with Owner’s standards and guidelines.
Establish and follow a process to identify and select the architectural firm best suited for each project based on the firms qualifications and ability to meet performance standards.
Provide Architects with clear and consistent direction with regard to goals and objectives, standards, site, schedule, and budget for each project.
Establish and follow an effective and efficient design review process to ensure that the design meets the overall goals and objectives for each project.
Provides maximum value for dollars budgeted and are appropriate and enduring to meet the functional needs of the Owner, the local community, and the environment, Reviews design changes to ensure project remains within budget.
Monitors project planning and design status to report findings, recommendations, and updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering
- A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect or Professional Engineer is preferred.
- 12+ years’ managing the facilities design, or the planning and coordination of capital projects that included the overall design, contract administration. 5 years of this experience must be with the design, planning and construction of educational facilities or similar public agencies.
- Experience with LEED and/or the Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS) and experience with the Division of State Architects (DSA) construction/design process are preferred.
- A valid driver's license and compliance with our vehicle policy is required. Candidate must be willing to travel locally to multiple projects when necessary
We offer a competitive total compensation package, including comprehensive health coverage, 401k and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.