DGA planning | architecture | interiors; a progressive 100+ person design firm with a focus in the life sciences sector, seeks an intermediate level Project Architect for our San Diego office. A minimum of 5 years technical expertise in commercial architecture is required, including demonstrated success as a project architect on a range of corporate project types (life science, healthcare, or high-tech laboratory design a plus). Bachelor of Architecture with California license is required.
Specific skills being sought include:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with confidence and professionalism
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proven capacity for leadership responsibilities and directing a team, including oversight and monitoring work of junior staff.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects, to set priorities and maintain schedules
- Design development experience, planning, coordinating and overseeing production of construction drawings. Experience with the entire project lifecycle, through post-occupancy
- Contract management, experience negotiating project scope and fees
- An understanding of building materials, details, and construction techniques
- A proficient knowledge of model codes, standards, and ADA expertise
- Ability to work constructively with entitlement agencies
- Ability to coordinate consultants and contractors
- Construction administration skills including development of project manual, specifications and material and shop drawing review. Requires approach of partnering with the GC towards successful resolution.
- Must have the ability to maintain client relationships by developing trusts and partnerships for future projects.
- Must be proficient in Autodesk Building Design/ REVIT, along with MS Office Suite
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer who values workplace diversity. You must have the unrestricted right to work in the United States (Sorry, no Visa sponsorships available for this position).
Please submit resume, cover letter, portfolio materials and work products electronically by responding to this posting. ONLY resumes with COVER LETTERS will be considered.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.