DGA planning | architecture | interiors; a progressive 100+ person design firm with a focus in the life sciences sector, seeks an intermediate level Project Designer for our San Diego office. A minimum of 5 years architectural expertise in commercial architecture is required (shell & core, life science/high-tech laboratory design a plus). Bachelor of Architecture with California license is required, with a focus on developing creative design solutions.
Specific skills being sought include:
- Experience creating and developing holistic design concepts and presentation strategies with a working knowledge of trends in shell/ core and interior architecture.
- A strong design portfolio with experience all in phases of design with substantial knowledge of building systems and construction techniques
- Must have a proven capacity to lead the design process for the entire project
- Defines programming requirements and design parameters based on client’s needs
- Experience detailing Type I and II commercial construction
- Design development experience, planning, coordinating and overseeing production of construction drawings. Experience with the entire project lifecycle, through post-occupancy
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with confidence and professionalism. Ability to clearly explain complex design concepts to clients.
- Ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client relationships
- Participation in the preparation of proposals including interviews and presentations
- Ability to participate in business development activities
- Freehand conceptual sketching ability desired; experience with Photoshop and SketchUp as design communication tools is required
- Must be proficient in Autodesk Building Design/ REVIT, along with MS Office Suite
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer who values workplace diversity. You must have the unrestricted right to work in the United States (Sorry, no Visa sponsorships available for this position).
Please submit resume, cover letter, portfolio materials and work products electronically by responding to this posting. ONLY resumes with COVER LETTERS will be considered.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.