MG2 is looking for a talented Technical Project Architect located in our Seattle office.
MG2 partners with businesses around the world to create meaningful transformation through architectural services, planning, interior design, brand strategy, and consulting services. MG2 is consistently ranked among the largest architecture firms in the nation and among the top retail design firms in the world. MG2 serves clients around the globe from four offices: Seattle, WA; Irvine, CA; Washington, DC and Shanghai.
- Manages technical development of projects with project managers and principals
- Develops technical solutions, including constructability and detailing
- Manages the Quality Control of project documents (internal team review)
- Participates in developing technical standards for team / studio as needed
- Mentors and trains other staff as appropriate
- Participates in development of team / studio technical standards, details, and specifications
- Pursues innovation in technical solutions
- Communicates and shares documents as necessary with staff, clients, consultants, and contractors
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Architecture or equivalent
- 5 + years of technical design experience
- Ability to define and develop project documentation
- Demonstrated understanding and interpretation of building codes
- Demonstrated understanding, selection, and integration of building systems
- Understanding of AutoCAD and/or Revit software (this is a non-production role)
- Possesses full knowledge of best practices standards and expectations
Follow us on Twitter @MG2_design
At MG2 we work hard, but we also know the importance of having some fun while doing what we do best. We have a number of social activities, sports teams and opportunities for community involvement. We meet every other Friday over breakfast to celebrate new employees, project milestones and employee anniversaries (many of our colleagues have been here a long time)!
It’s also important our employees lead a balanced and healthy life. To support this, MG2 offers flexible hours, a telecommuting policy, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) (including company match) and paid time off.
We consider our offices innovation labs where employees can be creative and take design risks. This includes full access to our state-of-the-art 3D printer and laser cutter. Whether it’s working on actual projects or participating in one of our many design competitions, we challenge our staff to come up with the next great idea!
Additionally, to help support and encourage employee development, the firm provides a generous training allowance including reimbursement for certification in your area of expertise.
Apply now at http://mg2.applytojob.com/apply/58BafC/Technical-Project-Architect?source=AIA+National