SmithGroupJJR is an international idea-oriented design firm that is committed to creating inspiring places that enrich the human spirit. We believe that extraordinary projects are created when the design process is based on the principles of exploration, experimentation, innovation, sustainability, research, and collaboration. Our expertise in providing thoughtful and innovative solutions keeps SmithGroupJJR at the forefront of architectural, engineering and planning firms around the world. According to the 2015 Building Design + Construction magazine “Giants” ranking, SmithGroupJJR is the 7th largest architecture/engineering firm in the U.S.
The Dallas office of SmithGroupJJR is looking for experienced Project Managers to provide leadership to the project team and work closely with our clients on projects in the Higher Education and Science and Technology arenas. We are seeking talented individuals that are committed to design excellence, who thrives in an environment of collaboration and who demonstrates a high degree of creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
Working with us, you will:
- Provide leadership and management necessary for all facets of higher education and/or science and technology projects.
- Assure project designs are fully developed and complete for the entire project, design decisions are consistent throughout and translated into coherent well-organized documents using company standard methods to the greatest degree possible. Oversee design schedules to insure that design decisions and documentation are complete at critical milestones.
- Manage the project contract and fully execute and establish the responsibilities of SGJJR, Consultants, Clients, etc.
- Initialize and gain Owner approval of all additional services. Set up additional services with method of payment and schedule as required.
- Develop and define project schedule to meet contractual obligations and to match team size and skills.
- Develop complete documents for architectural aspects and coordinate consultants work for all other documents.
- Ensure the project goals and deadlines are met.
- Assist in or reviews invoices for clients and consultants.
- Provide technical and administrative supervision to the architectural staff assuring the technical, administrative and schedule targets are met within the framework of corporate policy and in accordance with applicable professional and corporate standards.
- Make authoritative decisions and recommendations of significant impact on the project activities, guidelines, quality control standards and details.
- Coordinates project resource requirements.
- Leads/coordinates communication efforts with client, consultants and within project team.
- Reviews performance, counsels and mentors individual team members.
- Visits construction sites to gather information, answer contractor questions and prepare punch list as owner's representative.