Position Open: March 20, 2017
Position Close: Until filled
Clark Nexsen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen, Inc.
Must apply online through corporate website at www.clarknexsen.com.
Clark Nexsen is a national architecture and engineering firm focused on creating innovative design solutions for U.S. and global clients. We are passionate about our work and are prominently ranked on numerous industry lists. Building Design + Construction ranks Clark Nexsen as a Top 20 architecture and engineering firm and we have been named to the Architect 50 list of top U.S. firms for the past four years. Our culture supports the pursuit of excellence to engage and inspire the best professionals.
Our firm is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, with 450 employees in office locations in Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Texas, and Washington, D.C. We offer outstanding compensation, benefits, and growth opportunities in a positive work environment. We believe we can create a better world through our work. Giving back is also a guiding philosophy. As a company and as individuals, we proudly volunteer and give back to the surrounding communities where we live and work.
Generous benefits: Health, Dental, 401k, Short and Long term Disability, Vacation/Sick leave, Aflac, Flexible benefits, and Legal Resources benefits are available.
We seek to hire an Architectural Intern to work in our Roanoke, VA office who will perform architectural design and documentation services on multi-discipline building design projects of moderate to large scope.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Performing various aspects of architectural design as directed by a Senior Architect, Architect or Design Manager including conceptual studies, program requirements, design analyses, calculations, systems selection and layout for building design
- Preparation of programming documents, schematic documents, design development documents, and construction documents as directed
- Coordination and communication with design team members to ensure the architectural design details integrate properly with the work of all other project disciplines
- Preparation of marketing and presentation materials as directed
- Performing various services associated with the bidding process, including preparing addenda and amendments and opening and tabulating bids as directed
- Performing various services associated with the construction phase, including field visits, answering RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and preparing record drawings as directed
- Complying with quality control policies and procedures
- Learn and implement department and company standards
- Develop analysis and design skills
- Participating in team meetings and coordinating efforts with other team members
- Working with, responding to, and taking direction from Project Managers, Design Managers, Senior Architects, Architects, Managing Principals and senior management
- Working with a team of architects, engineers, interior designers and landscape architects
Project responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform Architect or Senior Architect tasks as directed
- Responsible for document organization and clarity
- Responsible for discipline drawing coordination
- Drafting of marked-up plans, partial plans, sections, details
- Completing sections and details produced to a schematic-level of completion by the Architect
- Developing an accurate, three-dimensional model of the structure with the necessary level of detail using the required Building Information Modeling (BIM) software package, when BIM is a project requirement
- Create schematic-level plans and details for approval by the Senior Architect
- Developing design options for resolution of system conflicts
- Assisting with building systems calculations and LEED templates
- Participate in building system selections
- Participate in building code analysis process
- Participate in development of discipline specifications
- Coordinating work product with other disciplines
- Adhere to project budget and schedule
- May require domestic and foreign travel