ARCHITECTURAL JOB CAPTAIN, 5-7 Years of Experience
Baran Studio Architecture, a growing architecture firm on the Oakland/Emeryville/Berkeley border, is currently looking for a Job Captain to join our team. Because of the nature of Baran Studio, the ideal candidate will be interested in all aspects of running a practice and exposure to all phases in the development and construction of an architectural work.
The primary job responsibility will be to ensure the design, development and construction of quality architecture.
This will be accomplished by:
- Understanding and Contributing to Project Objectives
- Providing and Developing Design Concepts
- Incorporating Design Concepts Across Scales
- Ensuring Project Documentation is Complete and Legible
- Comprehensively Managing Projects
- Broad Exposure to All Aspects of Practice
- Constant Growth, Development, and Learning
- Design skills
- Ability to thrive in team and independent working scenarios
- Organizational and time management skills
- Construction administration skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience managing clients, consultants and team members
- Technical knowledge in Type III and Type V construction in particular
- Residential / multi-family experience
- Quality control skills
- Experience Microsoft Office + Adobe Creative Suite required
- Experience with Revit and SketchUp preferred
- Willingness to work hard and gain valuable industry experience
- Demonstrated resilience to handle multifaceted challenges
5 years min. experience needed.
Bachelors’ or Masters’ Degree from an Accredited Architecture Program
We offer competitive salary, benefits and health insurance. Salary is dependent on experience.
We are a young and energetic small studio with bootstrapping origins and ethos. Our office environment can be described as rather rough around the edges, but we are also a diverse and tight knit and group that takes our work very seriously. We have built a reputation on providing creative and innovative solutions to challenging problems quickly and efficiently. With a focus on ideas and process, our designs evolve as unique adaptations to existing constraints, and include consideration of multiple disciplines, from interiors to landscape and construction. Currently our projects include commercial warehouse, office tenant improvement, and residential, with the bulk of our work being new construction for single family dwellings and multi-family apartments.
For more information on our studio, please visit
If you are a hard worker, eager to further your knowledge in a hands-on encouraging environment, we look forward to hearing from you. Please reply with your resume, cover letter, and sample work pages.