New Orleans Aviation Board
The Deputy Director of Aviation – Planning, Development, and Construction leads the airport’s project management, planning, engineering, environmental, design, and construction efforts with oversight over the Master Planning, Environmental, and Engineering/Architecture divisions. This position at the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport organizes the execution of airport capital program and budget, airport master plan, and any architectural or engineering-related initiatives, as well as managing the capital needs of the new airport and redevelopment of the vacated airport complex.
Key requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Planning, Real Estate or a related field from an accredited college
- Ten (10) years’ experience at a commercial service airport and/or airport consulting firm
- Experience in design, construction, engineering, and/or planning
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage strategic planning
- Experience managing quantitative analysis
- Familiarity and comfort with relevant FAA requirements
A master’s degree in a relevant field, airport management experience and a strong understanding of aviation industry standards is a plus.