We are currently looking for an Architect to join our award winning team in Los Angeles. As our reputation grows, so does our need for skilled and passionate industry leaders who thrive on collaboration and believe deeply in design’s ability to elevate the human experience.
At GGLO, we believe it’s both the opportunity and responsibility of design to play a lead role in creating and sustaining community – to design places where our clients’ clients prosper. To that end, our approach is focused on improving the relationship between people and place. Our Architects, Interior Designers, Landscape Architects and Urban Designers work across scales and project types to create holistic neighborhoods, blocks, buildings, and public places.
Professional Knowledge & Responsibilities
- Exceptional knowledge and proven ability to put together 5+ story wood frame buildings
- Ability to effectively manage team members to maintain positive interaction while sustaining quality and meeting quality expectations
- Technical expertise in components of materials and detailing
- Proven knowledge of code regulations governing the industry
- Mentor less experienced staff
- Demonstrated proficiency with Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and Windows OS
- Experience with Deltek Vision a plus
- Proven history of excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication and presentation skills
- Understands all aspects and phases of the architectural production process
- Understands and responds to the technical implications of design decisions
Who are we looking for? The individuals we need must be licensed, LEED accredited (BD+C or ND) is preferred, and will have at least 5 years of experience.
What does this mean for your career? Our employees are a talented mix of individuals who embody every aspect of an integrated practice, who are catalysts for community through an integrated, research based approach with sustainable design competency as a prerequisite. We offer the opportunity to align your long term career goals with a variety of projects and clients while working with Principals from multiple markets.
Our salary ranges DOE and we offer an excellent benefit’s package ! We offer the opportunity to join one of Seattle Business Magazines 100 Best Employers to Work For, activities such as our Thursday Crit’s, Emerging professionals, and weekly lunch ‘n’ learns. Other benefits include formal and informal mentorship, ORCA pass, bike parking and bike use, flexible schedules, casual dress code, employee development programs including paid training, licensure reimbursement, paid vacation, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K with matching, and more.
Send your resume and condensed portfolio (5MB or less) today and a brief paragraph of the requirements you fit, please include your salary requirements.
We look forward to hearing from you!