Purpose: The Manager, Design Technologies Integration will provide leadership, input and guidance on the integration, incorporation and adoption of new and emerging technologies relevant to the Authority's needs in the design and construction of our facilities.
Essential Tasks of the Job:
The responsibilities of this position include supervision and management of a team of individuals that provides services related to design and construction including GIS, CAD, BIM and various graphic requests. As such, the Manager will provide leadership, direction and oversight in all these areas for in-house staff, will direct and manage consultants and sub consultants GIS, CAD and BIM/VDC submissions; and will investigate and pilot the integration of these design/construction technologies with other Authority systems such as asset management, specifications, commissioning, project reviews, and survey.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB: 1. Provide oversight of the graphics, GIS and BIM/VDC implementation in projects.
2. Further develop organization-wide procedures and guidelines that conform to our culture and the emerging best practices for documentation, design and construction.
3. Manage, lead, and develop Capital Programs DTIG internal staff; support both internally and externally developed BIM projects.
4. Able to motivate professionals, external partners and direct reports.
5. Develop, maintain and standardize processes, document best practices and provide knowledge sharing throughout the Department and the Authority.
6. Direct and manage A/E consultants, sub consultants and Construction Managers in the set-up and development of the BIM/VDC, per CP standards.
7. Manage the QA/QC process of Drawings and Models delivered by consultants and construction managers. Facilitate stakeholders' reviews and deliver constructive feedback to the team regarding GIS and BIM/VDC compliance.
8. Collaborate and support other Capital Programs Units to pursue, test and recommend innovative technologies and their integration with other areas like energy performance analysis, lighting design, sustainability and resiliency.
9. Provide upper-level support for organizing project data, developing custom procedures, and customizing software to make the most efficient use of the technologies being utilized by the Authority.
10. Manage the creation of training curriculum and materials, assisting with implementation throughout the office as needed including regular and on-demand training sessions.
11. Report on the Authority current and projected state in regards to GIS and BIM/VDC implementation.
12. Manage the development and management of Revit content libraries, and oversight of new software rollouts.
SECONDARY JOB TASKS:
Liaison with IT and other departments and project staff to ensure functional and efficient hardware and software for staff in the office and on jobsite.
Assists other departmental personnel in graphic matters.
Ability to manage and design several projects at a given time.
Conducts public presentations to various internal and external groups.
Assures that projects are brought to a successful conclusion and within budget constraints.
Maintains project files as appropriate.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
EDUCATION LEVEL: BA Degree required; Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management preferred; Master's Degree is a plus; or related combination of education and experience is required.
EXPERIENCE: • 10 years of managerial experience in design, architecture or construction with an understanding of how technologies (including GIS and BIM/VDC) can be integrated in the design and construction process. • Previous experience managing teams and direct reports is a must. • Self-starter who demonstrate a high level of engagement and professionalism.
UNIQUE EXPERTISE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATIONS: 1. Knowledge of the functionalities and limitations of Revit, Navisworks, BIM360 SketchUp and BlueBeam.
2. Knowledge of the functionalities and limitations of other graphics applications and/or geometric modeling tools is recommended.
3. Passionate about GIS, BIM/VDC, IPD, Lean and other collaborative processes. Ready and eager to learn and develop.
4. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
5. Knowledge of the Massachusetts public bidding and construction process.
6. Ability to communicate and mediate between groups and individuals of varying backgrounds and responsibilities.
7. Ability to take on additional responsibilities, as needed, as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance.
8. Possess the ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
9. Be a well-spoken, highly organized, and motivated individual capable of multi-tasking and working within an intense, collaborative environment.
10. Possess a high level of enthusiasm and commitment for mentoring all levels of staff.
11. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Basic PC experience in Windows environments, working knowledge of e-mail, Web-enabled applications, and database software.
12. Ability to pass a Massport background check and obtain a Massport Security Badge.
13. Current and valid driver's license.
14. Ability to pass airfield driving test and obtain Aerodrome Ramp, Apron and Airfield License.
15. Ability to pass a Massport controlled substances test.