CSHQA’s mission is to deliver innovative and sustainable architectural and engineering design solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations. We inspire personal and professional development in a positive, creative, and stable work environment.
We are people who listen, creating design that speaks.
As an Architect-in-Training III or Architect at CSHQA, in partnership with Senior Architects and the Project Manager, you will provide general architectural support and are responsible for the issuance and content of deliverables, technical content of documents and coordination of disciplines including consultants. The ability to provide architectural design is considered to be an asset.
Your ability to create dynamic virtual experiences through 3D modeling and animation along with your
knowledge of the fundamentals of architectural design will be valued on our teams. You should have the
ability to understand and interpret architectural drawings as well as assemble construction documents.
You should possess strong communication skills, knowledge of design, trends, and construction administration, and be able to take artistic and technical direction with a positive attitude. It is expected that you will be able to work independently and creatively solve problems while collaborating with a team.
· Regular and predictable attendance.
· Undertake job related research, as directed.
· Participate/contribute in design discussions and develop drawings, modeling, 3D renderings and other contract documents based upon those discussions, ensuring the design intent of the project is incorporated into the detailed documentation.
· Prepare complete and accurate working plans and detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches and notes.
· Perform initial design code analysis with the codes and standard of the authority having jurisdiction.
· Perform editing and assembly of specifications for assigned projects.
· Regularly communicate with client representative to verify design requirements and specifications.
· Communicate and coordinate with architects, owners, other engineering disciplines, vendors, consultants, etc. throughout each phase of the building project.
· Contribute to the completion of construction documents and generate revisions and corrections from red-lined documents.
· Assist in field verification and documentation of existing structures and/or existing conditions as required by the individual projects.
· Assist or perform construction administration including review of submittals / drawings, response to RFI’s, and coordination with contractors, design team, building officials, owner, etc. through the construction phase of the building project.
· Participate in construction site visits and client meetings to better understand the overall process and then prepare detailed technical narrative reports.
· Perform site visits and building surveys, attend design meetings, and participate in construction phase site observations to present detailed technical narrative reports.
· Responsible for technical resolution and coordination for a defined portion of a project.
· Meet client schedules as well as internal design and construction administration time budgets.
· 3-5+ year’s graphic and/or design experience, or comparable knowledge gained in an academic environment, Architectural Degree, or informed knowledge of the field of architecture and design.
· Licensed Architect with current registration or, if AIT, seek architectural licensure.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit. Revit is preferred.
· Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
· Exercises consistent independent discretion and judgment a majority of the time.
· Participate in professional/community organization and activities.
· Take advantage of continuing education and seminar opportunities.
· Working knowledge of sustainability, integrated design, and LEED guidelines.
· Working knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IDP).
· Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as Sketchup and/or Revit.
· Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software such as 3D Studio Max.
Additional Salary Information: DOE
Internal Number: 18002
CSHQA is an architecture and engineering firm of 90 professionals based in Boise, Idaho with regional offices in Denver and Sacramento. We design retail, healthcare, commercial, aviation, education, hospitality, multi-family, civic and government facilities for clients in all 50 states, plus Alberta and British Columbia.
With the resurging economy we are seeing new and exciting work in all offices, and our staff, which ranges from AITs and EITs to 30-year veterans, works in a dynamic, fast-paced environment in studio-style teams. The engineering group includes electrical, communication, mechanical, plumbing, civil and structural engineers. Our full-service capabilities are further complimented by teams of landscape architects and interior designers.
CSHQA is known for the quality of our design and our advocacy of energy efficiency and sustainability. Collaboration and innovation are at the heart of our process to deliver high value solutions to our clients. We are people who listen, creating design that speaks.