The Facilities PM Spec 4 acts as the lead technical expert in planning, organizing, and/or performing the work of a professional staff engaged in seeking capital project approvals, providing strategic space planning and programming direction, facilitating transition (operational and move) planning; and developing and advising upon the funding and budgeting aspects of UCDH's capital improvement program with specific emphasis on the development of owned and un-owned (leased) acute care outpatient and educational and research facilities located on and off the UCDH Sacramento Campus. The Facilities PM Spec 4 is also responsible for the project management of major and minor capital improvement projects of large scope and complexity in owned and leased facilities. Such projects may have budgets between $3 million and $50 million in singular or in aggregate.
As a department within the Facilities Planning and Development Division at UC Davis Health (UCDH), Facilities Planning is responsible for advising and assisting UCDH's leadership with the planning, oversight, and allocation of investments in future and existing capital and space improvements on the UCDH Sacramento Campus. Facilities Planning (in coordination with the UC Davis Main Campus) provides guidance and oversight of UCDH's Capital Improvement Program and capital project approval process; manages and advises upon the allocation of spatial resources and capital and lease investments; provides space utilization assessments and transition planning services; manages real property (leased) as tenant representative in matters of leasing and construction; and manages the vast furniture project, inventory, and move logistics program for UCDH.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
Requisition number #053177
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
• Bachelor's Degree (preferably in planning, public policy, architecture/design, construction management, engineering, project management, real estate, property management, healthcare, business, or any closely related field) and/or equivalent education/experience.
• At least 5 years related experience in project management, space planning/programming, facilities planning and/or asset management, budgeting.
• Demonstrated knowledge of project management, architecture, design and/or building facility systems through experience in planning and management of construction, modifications, and renovations of buildings, facilities and physical plant systems and equipment. Skills to appropriately apply practices and procedures to meet building program requirements and objectives.
• Knowledge of current project and construction costs and experience with industry standard cost estimating systems. Financial skills to prepare, monitor and manage detailed project budgets, evaluate independent cost estimates, and review and approve payment requests. Strong working knowledge of spreadsheet computer software such as MS Excel.
• Knowledge of commercial landlord/tenant laws and responsibilities. Ability to interpret and apply terms of a lease contract.
• Construction administration experience to monitor contractor operations for conformance to contract documents and applicable codes, review and negotiate contractor claims, to oversee the work of inspectors and testing agencies and to actively assist project team in the resolution of technical and procedural challenges.
• Interpersonal skills necessary to represent UCDH in negotiations with construction personnel and to come to a fair agreement for both parties.
• Writing and communication skills to produce concise, descriptive reports and documents.
• Knowledge of project constructability and skills to anticipate problems in implementation of design. Ability to recommend alternate approaches to eliminate such problems.
• Master's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, Planning, Public Policy, Engineering, or Nursing.
• Familiarity with Joint Commission Standards, California and industry building codes and regulations pertaining to hospitals and healthcare facilities, Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development (OSHPD), ADA compliance, fire codes, municipal ordinances, university regulations, policies and procedures, including UCOP policies pertaining to lease property.
• Demonstrated ability to command a high and complex project workload with changing priorities while being able to take ownership of problems and work them to conclusion in an effective and collaborative manner.
• Knowledge of a university or government work environment.
• Knowledge of, or work experience in, a hospital or outpatient setting.
• Knowledge and experience with policies, procedures, and practices specific to capital projects and space management in a government, university, or healthcare environment.
• Experience working with a large-scale database (preferably dealing with space or asset management) and/or work order system to include maintaining standards and data quality.
• Knowledge of data visualization tools and techniques.
• Leadership skills with proven results in collaboration and participation of internal and external stakeholders.
• THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT