Established Architecture firm located near NYU in Manhattan, NY is currently seeking an Architect to fill the position of Project Manager, with 5 years of experience in Commercial Interior Architecture.
Candidate must be a highly motivated and organized individual with strong design and presentation skills and excellent verbal/written communication skills. A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design / Architecture is required. Experience with AutoCad, Revit, and Photoshop is a must. Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook is necessary.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Field survey, evaluation and documentation of existing conditions.
- Building Code review.
- Preparation of design documents and renderings.
- Preparation of bid documents including construction details.
- Specify furnishing, finishes, and equipment for commercial interior projects.
- Construction administration support services including communication with contractors, review and action on shop drawing submittals.
- Manage multiple projects and teams.
- Coordinate with project consultants.
- Interface with Clients.
Salary commensurate with experience. Please reply with your resume and portfolio samples if you are interested.
5 Years Experience in Commercial Interior Architecture
About Fifield Piaker Elman Architects
Fifield Piaker Elman is a New York City architectural firm directed by four principals, John T. Fifield, David L. Piaker, Mark A. Elman, and Jason DuMond. Founded in 1984 the firms practice has included commercial and residential renovation, historic preservation, adaptive reuse, housing, retail, and planning.The firm is a recipient of an NY State AIA award for design excellence and has been published in Architectural Record, Interior Design, and The New York Times among other publications.The firm presently employes 10 architects, including the principals plus a part time bookkeeper.