Our firm is seeking an Architect / Delivery Team Leader to join our growing team in Milwaukee.
This role is responsible for leading and managing a Delivery Team through multiple projects to successfully achieve our clients’ goals. A Delivery Team is typically 10-12 employees organized into 2 Project Teams, each led by a Project Leader with 3-4 team members, along with an interior designer and construction administrator supporting the entire Delivery Team. The Delivery Team Leader manages client communication and relationship building and is also responsible for developing and maintaining a positive Delivery Team culture in support of our broader firm culture.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to lead and manage a collaborative Delivery Team through multiple projects, in partnership with Project Leaders, to successfully implement a client’s vision.Ability to lead client communication and maintain client relationships for multiple projects.
- Prepare for and lead client meetings, presentations, and engagement with stakeholders including facilitating decision making in a public setting and engaging in public speaking.
- Create and manage project schedules, budgets, and Delivery Team staffing plans in partnership with Project Leaders.
- Ability to review AIA contracts, align the scope of services, monitor project progress, and organize project financial information to support invoicing.
- Assist with preparing and administering requests for proposals for consultants and other specialty services.
- Engage in the pre-referendum planning process with clients and stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with internal quality assurance team members and follow quality control processes.
- Demonstrate leadership by engaging in staff development and mentoring of Delivery Team members.
The ideal candidate shall have attained:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited architecture program
- Minimum 10-15 years of relevant experience
- Licensed Architect
- Strong organizational skills and comfort level with a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively while leading a team
- Experience managing multiple clients, projects, and teams including delegating work, establishing and adhering to project schedules, and managing budgets
- Communication/presentation skills to lead external and internal meetings
- Experience developing and maintaining client relationships
- Experience in all phases of architectural projects, obtaining municipal and state approvals, and working with construction managers and general contractors
- Experience with standard AIA contracts and documents
- Willingness to mentor team members and serve as a resource
- Experience using Autodesk Revit® and delivering projects utilizing Building
- Information Modeling (BIM)
- Willingness to travel (generally within Wisconsin with minimal overnight stays)
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in educational and/or municipal design
PROFESSIONAL GROWTH | UNLIMITED OPPORTUNITY
We are a 58-year-old architecture and interior design firm whose success derives from the quality of our design and the loyalty and trust of our growing client base. Bray has been and continues to be, Wisconsin’s recognized leader in K–12 educational design.
If you are an organized and self-motivated individual with a desire to grow personally and professionally within a highly collaborative environment, we hope to hear from you. It has been an incredible several years at Bray with steady growth in work, employees, and markets served. We have every reason to be excited about the future. Come join us.
We value most our dedicated staff who thrive within a culture of high work ethic, professional growth, commitment to each other and our clients, and supportive and transparent leadership. We have set a high bar of expectation, which is supported with mutual respect, support, and camaraderie.
WE OFFER A COMPETITIVE SALARY + BENEFIT PACKAGE
Please email resume and salary history
• You are hired directly by the company – MRA does not make hiring decisions.
MRA is a not-for-profit employer association serving over 4000 companies throughout the upper Midwest. We partner with these companies working directly with their HR department and leadership to hire their talent. We are a direct line to the company, not an agency recruiter.