The University of New Mexico's (UNM) Planning, Design & Construction (PDC) seeks a full-time Sr. Planner to join our vibrant, committed team of professionals who support the built environment at UNM. The Sr. Planner will be responsible for leading the University's efforts in facility planning. This role will provide leadership in a broad array of facility planning, architectural, site development and real property matters associated with but not limited to The University's academic, administrative, athletic, residential functions.
The Sr. Planner will lead the University's facility planning efforts by coordinating with academic and administrative leadership, facility managers, consulting planners, and architects. The Sr. Planner will provide broad leadership on facility use and development, working closely with the University Architect and University Planner and The University's executive administration.
Duties of the Sr. Planner will include, but are not limited to:
• Provide leadership in campus master planning studies, long term facility management and land planning activities.
• Develops and prepares feasibility studies; identifies project goals and objectives, critical physical and environmental constraints, space utilization and facility conditions, and establishes and monitors project deliverables.
• Collaborates with Office of the Provost, administrative leadership and Capital & Space Strategies to analyze the efficiency and utilization of existing space allocations and to strategize space needs in facility planning.
• Provides strategic leadership to wide variety of facility management efforts.
• Provides guidance in benchmarking, technology, academic and research trends, and space projections to establish quantitative based projections for facility and capital projections.
• Assists with production of the annual capital budget, inclusive of facilities, landscape, renewal and infrastructure and participates in the 5-year capital budget update.
• Manages production of planning documents and reports.
• Facilitates comprehensive facility planning support to all Planning, Design & Construction capital projects; including the development and / or guidance of project scopes, programs, program adjustments and revisions in development.
• Conducts special studies and participates in various internal and external committees and working groups concerned with the campus physical development plans.
This leadership role provides expertise to the University's leadership at a time of rapidly changing business context and space usage. The ideal candidate will be able to provide superior, active guidance regarding The University's near and long term programmatic and physical planning goals.
UNM employees enjoy a great benefits package, including: 4 weeks of vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, retirement benefits, tuition remission benefits for yourself and additional education benefits to spouses or domestic partners, and dependent children of eligible employees and retirees.
Employees who provide services or work in patient care or clinical areas are required to be in compliance with the University's influenza vaccination requirement.
Additional Requirements: -Official transcripts, High school diploma, or GED certificate will be required for hire. Please see minimum qualifications for specifics.
Campus: Main - Albuquerque, NM
Benefits Eligble: This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
Department: Planning & Campus Development Off (240A)
Employment Type: Staff
Staff Type: Regular - Full-Time
Pay: $3,956.33 - $5,924.53 (Monthly)
Benefits Eligible: This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
ERB Statement: Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.
Background Check Required: No
For Best Consideration Date: 11/02/2020
Only applications submitted throughthe official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this jobadvertisement on a 3rd party site, pleasevisit UNMJobs to submit an application. 1. Please complete the online application and submit a cover letter and your current resume. Your resume should include a complete work history with beginning and ending dates (month/year). In your cover letter, address how your qualifications and work experience match the position and the preferred qualifications detailed in this job advertisement. 2. Your cover letter and resume should be uploaded as separate PDF files. 3. Applicants must provide names and contact information for at least three (3) supervisory references with your application materials. 4. Finalists should be prepared to provide official educational transcripts if selected for hire. Please see minimum qualifications for specifics.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree; at least 7 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Preferred Qualifications: • Master's degree in Architecture, Planning or related field.
• Excellent analytical abilities.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Skill in consensus building for facilities decision making.
• Experience in the field of planning for educational communities.