Stock Equity Grant
Paid Time Off
Professional Development Assistance
PlanForce is now employee owned! We are seeking a creative and dynamic Architect to join our mission to use the Power of Design to help people and businesses thrive. We are based in Minneapolis with a broad client base spanning from corporate office to industrial to restaurants. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate who is passionate about design. This candidate should possess a willingness to dive into challenges and an interest in helping clients transform business goals into extraordinary buildings and spaces. This role is hybrid and is required on-site at least 2 days per week.
· Create high-quality design concepts and develop solutions for complex projects.
· Responsible for the production, oversight and coordination of projects and drawings with clients, consultants and staff.
· Work closely with architects, interior designers, and technical designers across the firm to promote a collaborative design approach as well as provide guidance to junior staff
· Manage projects including scope, schedule, fees, quality and construction administration.
· Broad knowledge base of codes and building construction.
· Build, maintain and grow client and strategic partner relationships through excellent communication and responsive client service.
· Degree in Architecture from an accredited college or university
· Professional registered Architect or currently testing
· 5+ years of experience in an architecture firm
· Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam, and SketchUp
· Flexibility to handle multiple concurrent projects
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Background in commercial office, restaurant, industrial, retail or adaptive reuse is a plus
PlanForce began business as WCL Associates, which was founded in 1981 to provide architecture and commercial interiors to a range of clients — from national brands to local entrepreneurs — in hospitality, restaurant, workplace, and retail industries.
Weld Ransom Design (WRD), established in 1984, began as the space planning resource for international developers Kajama and MEPC. Working with the leasing department, WRD used design to create efficient and economical spaces and help close the deal.
In 1999, WRD and WCL Associates (WCLA) began working together to expand services, including commercial real estate consultation, master planning, tenant improvement, and facilities management, while continuing to provide the tangible results clients had grown to expect from our interior design and architectural services.
In 2014, WRD rebranded as PlanForce Group to better reflect our ongoing growth and commitment to the Power of Design. In 2015, PlanForce acquired WCLA, bringing the experience of talented architects, designers, and marketers under one roof as a full-service creative firm driven to help clients in a variety of industries get more out of their real estate assets.