If you enjoy solving complex challenges in a collaborative environment that celebrates each person's ideas, experience, and creativity, this might be the opportunity for you. Flad is a national architectural firm, with ten offices across the country, specializing in science, healthcare, academic, and workplace spaces. Flad is a team of creative, intelligent, energetic people who help our clients tackle the issues that change people’s lives.
How Will Your Days Be Spent
- Responsible for preparing presentation drawings and models and developing designs and technical solutions throughout all phases of a project. Become involved in coordination for internal team members and consultants.
- Develop a project’s program into alternative conceptual design proposals. Participate and contribute to design discussions, idea generation, and design work in drawing, model, and 3D image formats.
- Work closely with team members and assist to complete projects on aggressive schedules by meeting deadlines within expected time and budget constraints.
- Generate revisions and corrections from outline mock-ups, redlined drawings and project document sets.
- Attend client meetings to observe the overall process and develop presentation skills.
- Participate in construction site visits to better understand the construction process.
- Recognize and document conflicts that arise during construction and offer alternatives to resolve these issues.
What You Bring to this Role
- Minimum two years recent and relevant architectural experience required.
- Experience in one of Flad’s market segments preferred.
- Portfolio that demonstrates a high level of skill in design thinking and presentation media required.
- Proficiency in Rhino or SketchUp, and 3D rendering software required.
- Intermediate Revit knowledge required; have recently used Revit for at least two years in academic and professional settings. Works mostly in Revit to complete work on projects in one or more aspects (modeling, detailing, etc.). Makes edits to and works within established templates, standards, etc. Beginning to understand how firm projects are initially set up and how families are created. Expert Revit knowledge preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Grasshopper, Dynamo, and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture required. NAAB accredited professional degree or Master’s degree in architecture preferred.
- Sustainability accreditation preferred.
Interested candidates should submit samples along with their resume. Portfolios (up to 1mb) should be uploaded with resume if there is no portfolio link.
Flad offers a wide range of benefits including:
- hybrid work environment
- health, dental and vision insurance
- generous paid time off and paid holidays
- financial health and wellness benefits - retirement savings plan; fiduciary advisor; identity theft plan; Section 125 flexible benefits, including mass transit and parking; income protection – life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability; Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- continuing education and career development – internal programs; funds set aside for external programs, licensure and sustainability support, annual professional registration and organization reimbursement
Annual base salary range is currently: $69,000 – $85,000. Actual starting salary will be within that range, and is dependent upon job-related education, knowledge, and experience.
Flad Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Flad will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position, please contact Human Resources at 608-238-2661 or email us at email@example.com. Apply Here