Lawrence Group is a building design, development, and project delivery firm headquartered in St. Louis with offices in Austin, Florida and New York. With 160+ employees, Lawrence Group offers architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, furniture procurement, graphic design, planning, construction and real estate development services to a wide variety of clients, including housing, hospitality, healthcare, academic, and retail.
Lawrence Group is evolving into an expertise focused design practice. Internally, we have defined nine (9) primary markets with sub-markets where appropriate. For each market, a market leader will be responsible for growing the top line revenue while working with projects teams to grow bottom line profits.
This leadership position will promote Lawrence Group’s core values:
Legendary: We strive to be legendary, from the service we provide to our impact on the community.
Innovation: We’re driven by ideas and creativity. We take calculated risks and embrace opportunities.
Growth: We seek sustainable growth for our clients, our organization, and our employees.
Heart: We lead with heart. We celebrate, appreciate and care for each other.
Trust: We rely on trust to pursue excellence. We speak honestly, act transparently and honor our commitments.
The healthcare market practice leader must be a self-starter, entrepreneurial and collaborative. This position requires leadership from the pursuit stage of the client relationship, throughout the life of all market projects and in the maintenance of those relationships. This leader needs to be able to lead and collaborate with a team of architects, engineers and consultants with strong organizational and communication skills. They should have the ability to effectively lead and develop a team in both the business and individually. In addition, the individual would play an integral part in strategic planning for the designated market and the firm.
The key responsibilities include:
· Participate in developing and implementing a marketing strategy for expanding the firm’s presence in the specified market while developing new client contacts and opportunities throughout the firm and maintaining the existing ones as repeat business and positive references after the project completion.
· Participate in business development activities with market leadership and other firm leadership both locally and nationally.
· Participate in the development of an annual business plan and in the achievement of acceptable business results.
· Participate in developing collateral material with the graphic and marketing leadership to represent the market practice.
· Leading interviews and proposal development for new opportunities.
· Develop cross disciplinary opportunities outside of the market to our other markets. This includes collaboration with other market practice leaders to develop new market opportunities and innovative project approaches.
· Participate in leadership strategic initiatives to develop the market brand and the brand of Lawrence Group.
· Empower staff and delegate effectively building high-performing teams, by encouraging innovation and continuous improvement.
· Lead internal planning activities that increase the team’s knowledge about the client and establish a network of relationships with the client.
· Maintain regular proactive communication with client regardless of existence of current work.
· Collaborate with Principals, CFO, and internal counsel to implement risk management strategies and practices consistent with firm policies.
· Capture information regarding the strategic performance of our work, and key outcomes.
This position leads and mentors a large staff and is responsible for leadership, performance management and hiring of the employees within its department.
This job operates in a professional office environment with hybrid schedule capability. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position requires no minimum ability to lift, bend or stand.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary.
Moderate travel is expected for this position.
Licensed Architect or NCIDQ
10+ years of experience working with specified market sector projects
Membership in related professional organization desirable